Manager, Global Engagement and Evaluation, Education for The Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI)
Jared Penner has been involved in youth economic empowerment and educational programming for the past 9 years. He has managed projects in Africa, Asia and the Middle East and Asia, as well as numerous international working groups on integrated financial and educational services. He currently manages the Global Engagement and Evaluation Department at Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI), advancing quality standards in financial, social and entrepreneurship education through a global network of education authorities and youth serving organizations. He has coordinated numerous stakeholder meetings, workshops and conference sessions on curriculum development and educational programming for both formal and non-formal learning environments.
Some of these recent assignments include:
- Hosting an international conference at the United Nations in May 2014 on the importance of financial inclusion and financial, social and entrepreneurship education for children and youth in the post 2015 Development Agenda.
- Organizing a number of Education conferences with UNICEF in New York (2010, 2012, 2014) and the OECD in Paris (2011).
- Working with the European Commission Entrepreneurship Education Working Group on integrating financial and entrepreneurship education into the European Qualifications and Skills Framework.
- Working with the Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation on curriculum integration and resource mobilization chapters for a Guidebook on Financial and Economic Education for Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Consulting on the importance of financial and entrepreneurship education in 21st Century functional literacy skills and Global Citizenship Education under the UNESCO Education for All Framework.
He holds a BA in Global Political Economy from the University of Manitoba and an MA in Political Science and Development Studies from Carleton University.