SPECIFIC WEBINAR: Developing teacher competences for entrepreneurial learning
Find out more about the SEECEL hosted webinar on Tuesday 20 December from 14:00 - 15:00 CET
Agenda & Speakers
1. Introductory remarks about the EE HUB; relevance in the regional context of South East Europe and Turkey
2. Panellists contributions
• Pre-service teacher training for entrepreneurial learning: good practices from Northern Ireland. Frank Hennessey, Education Consultant, Former Head of Business Studies, St. Mary's University College Belfast (Northern Ireland)
• Pre-service teacher training for entrepreneurial learning: good practice from Wales. Andrew Penaluna, University of Wales Trinity Saint David (Wales)
• In-service teacher training for entrepreneurial learning: the school perspective. Dragutin Šćekić, Primary School “Veljko Drobnjakovic” (Montenegro)
• In-service teacher training for entrepreneurial learning: the teacher training authority perspective. Mirela Andoni, Institute for Educational Development (Albania)
5. Questions and answers; closing remarks
Moderator: Thomas Farnell, SEECEL
Background & Main outcomes
The webinar presented good practices, identified success factors and reflected on challenges in systematically implementing pre and in-service teacher training for entrepreneurial learning, while looking at the perspectives of training providers from schools to national teacher training authorities. A number of interesting questions were raised during the ensuing discussion, including:
• The expectations of different stakeholders (expectations from TTAs vs teachers)?
• How this will influence planning and delivering teacher training?
• How to approach peer learning in the in-service teacher training?
• Is it enough to have general teacher training or does it need to be adopted e.g. for specific subject?
The webinar succeeded in ensuring the following outcomes among participants:
• Greater awareness of the EE HUB initiative and of its useful resources
• Improved understanding of the developments of entrepreneurship education in South East Europe and Turkey by comparison
• Improved understanding of good practice examples in the pre and in service teacher training for entrepreneurial learning.
Missed the webinar?
Video record of the webinar HERE.
Webinar hosted by: