SPECIFIC WEBINAR: Making entrepreneurship education strategies work
Tuesday, 7 December 2016 from 13:00-14:00 CET
Agenda & Speakers
2. Reflections on the “Entrepreneurship Education at school” Report by Eurydice by Jari Matti Riihelainen, European Commission, Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)
3. How to improve the entrepreneurial capacity of European citizens: the Entrepreneurship Competence Framework by Margherita Bacigalupo, European Commission, DG JRC, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS)
4. EE-HUB Recommendations to move Entrepreneurship Education forward in Europe by Michaela Sojdrova, Member of the European Parliament and EE-HUB Ambassador
Moderator: Caroline Jenner, CEO JA Europe
Background & Main Outcomes
According to the Eurydice report, among 38 education systems, 11 have a specific strategy for EE, however no country has fully mainstreamed entrepreneurship education yet. Policy makers and national organisations involved in the field therefore need instruments to build to build and foster their national strategies. Participants in the webinar learned about:
• Eurydice report “Entrepreneurship Education at school”: who is teaching entrepreneurship, why, how and to whom? This report shows the latest developments in Europe, providing national governments an updated and detailed overview on strategies, curricula and learning outcomes.
• Entrepreneurship Competence Framework: which skills and competences matter, how to promote them further? The EntreComp presents a common definition of entrepreneurship as a competence and it is now available for Member States to adopt, adapt and use it according to their needs and goals.
• EE-HUB Policy Recommendations: how can we increase the impact and the penetration rate of entrepreneurship education programmes in schools? Based on success factors from a number of national strategies and good practices across Europe, the EE-HUB policy recommendations were designed with government stakeholders in mind.
Missed the webinar?
Slideshow of the webinar HERE.
Video record of the webinar HERE.