High-level round table "Celebrating Entrepreneurship Education", Riga 22-23 Sept 201622 September 2016
The high-level round table “Celebrating Entrepreneurship Education” took place in Riga (Latvia) on September 22-23.
During the 2-day conference policy makers, EE-HUB experts and schools representatives were invited to discuss what we already know about the impact of entrepreneurship education, to share the interim results of the ICEE project and discuss what is needed to move entrepreneurship education forward.
The event was a unique opportunity to highlight the synergies across different projects and to facilitate the conversation between policy makers, academia, educators and practitioners. It gathered more than 40 school representatives from 17 countries (Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, UK) and 20 Ministry representatives from 12 European countries: Schools representatives had the opportunity to participate in workshops, Ministry representatives and guests joined a combined high-level round table with the EE-HUB project, and everybody could network with the schools awarded with the 2nd edition of Entrepreneurial School Awards, a national and European recognition of the schools championing entrepreneurship education.
- Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Belgium)
- Labour and Employment Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Pedagogical Institute of Cyprus
- Ministry of Education and Research in Estonia
- Ministry of Education and Culture in Finland
- Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy and Industry of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Ministry of Education in Italy
- Ministry of Education in Latvia
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries in Norway
- Embassy of Slovakia in Riga
- Ministry of Economic Affairs in The Netherlands
- Ministry of Education, Science, technology and Sports in Uganda
During the high-level round table, the participants had the opportunity to discuss the progress on entrepreneurship education by highlighting best practices at national level and to learn more about the work the EE-HUB has been doing and how it can support their efforts to move entrepreneurship education forward.